Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

Art As Prayer


Art As Prayer
Muse Serenita is adapted from college self-portrait. The lips are a little puffed, but the eyes are mine. Serenita is contemplative and serene at peace with life at an early age. She calms the ever-frenzied Cre8Tiva. Everyone loves to spend time with her because she makes you feel acknowledged because she really listens to you.

I will admit, up front, that I have been negligent...I have broken a promise to myself to draw one face each day this year...I have broken my life-long sacred habit of journaling each day...I have not, as yet, even begun to unpack my studio...

I understand that most people would gently advise me to take it easy on myself during this overwhelming upheaval and transition period of my life...but I have committed a far greater act of negligence...my art...

Art is prayer for me...I was put on this earth to create...and to neglect that life task, even for one moment...does grievous harm to my sacred self and possibly the universe and my place in it...

It may seem melodramatic...but I have known for most of my life what I was supposed to do...my purpose on this planet...I believe that artists are blessed because most of us understand where our path leads at a young age...and, if in tune enough,we begin the journey early in life...some lose the way because of outside influences or pressures, but most eventually find their way back to their sacred art, whatever form...

To be away from my most connected form of communication...with God, with others, with myself...is too much to bear...no wonder I feel disconnected, unbalanced, alone...

Today I tackle the studio...I will paint even if I only can find one color and no brush...I will recapture the form of prayer that keeps me centered and my life complete... Serenita will listen as I return to my purpose...

I have a secret to share...I am developing a new series of workshops called Art as Prayer...I even have the website here...only the cover page is active...the workshops will focus on creating a visual vocabulary for personal centering prayer...the creation of intuitive art guided by the Holy Spirit...and much more...

I have many other secrets to share in the near future but, for now, they are too fragile to let into the world...I have a long to-do list...

"Today's aMUSEment - Sit for a few minutes in prayer to your God...then pick up a brush and paint whatever feels right...let go...don't over think anything...paint intuitively...see what develops...and then share with us..."

U Be Creative Today!



Tags: librae  passage to autumn days  morning roundup st francis  zen characte  lucid dreamer  witchcraft pentacle  london 2012 olympics olympic village