Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

Walking Meditation And Other Mental Techniques


Walking Meditation And Other Mental Techniques
It's been hard for me to meditate as much as I wish I did. Maybe because of my particular endocrine system, I feel afraid to slow down during the day, because if I stop doing things, I worry that I won't be able to start again.

Meditating at night is good, though. I try it for 5 minutes and if I still want to keep going I hit snooze on my phone. It's good for balancing my brain before I go to sleep.

Then I read a fiction book before sleep, to distract myself so that I will be thinking about the story instead of my own life as I'm going to sleep.

I realized that walking meditation could be a great way for me to meditate some during the day. I take one or two walks a day.

Sometimes I use the walks to think about something. For instance, before my phone appointment, I would practice what I planned to say to my doctor, almost like practicing a presentation.

But today I didn't have anything that I needed to think about during my walk, so I did the walking meditation thing.

It's one that I learned from DA retreats- where you just walk around and look at whatever you see. It's much easier to avoid "thinking" because you keep seeing things around you that keep your mind occupied. And you can see things you wouldn't have seen otherwise.

I think my dad does this when he's running.

- - -




Reference: http://about-world-religions.blogspot.com