Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

Real Goal Of Pure Land Buddhism


Real Goal Of Pure Land Buddhism
By what I read so far, some people (Shinran) say just reaching the Pure Land means one acquired buddhahood. Others say one ends up fusing with Amitabha (in the end only Amitabha remains?!). Others say once you reach the Pure Land you need one more rebirth/reincarnation before reaching Enlightment. But they don't explain exactly what that "Enlightment" is all about. So how do I know which one of those alternatives is correct?

The last time I tried this school of Buddhism I had 3 Buddhas on my altar; Kwan Yin, Amitabha and Shakyamuni. And something odd happened. I started to get telepathic information from Amitabha; channelings which guided me to individual liberation of my true self from Maya. I heard no sound; they were what I can describe as "mental messages" or as some people say "inspiration". I actually got freightened and I thought I was becoming insane; I even tried to return the Buddha back to the store, but the seller said that was bad luck.

So Amitabha said to me the goal was no annihilation, no fusing with him, no union with the All, no eternal state of pure consciousness, but just becoming a Buddha, like him. Not becoming him, but becoming LIKE him, one more Buddha. Was that the famous "wisdom of separation" that he's supposed to teach? That goal was OK for me.

But as the weeks passed I felt my mind was shutting down. I turned very lazy and all I wanted to do was to stay there in front of the Buddhas all day, to do nothing and think of nothing. Eventually this begun to affect my daily life and I removed them from my altar. Now I just keep trying stuff on my own, but I'm in no particular path. Anyway, what happened to me with the Buddhas still puzzles me to this day.

Thanks in advance for any answers.




Credit: http://asatru-religion.blogspot.com