Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

How Much Should Witchcraft Training Cost


How Much Should Witchcraft Training Cost
The other day a friend suggested that I write about some controversial subjects on A Bad Witch's Blog. So here goes - a question about money, which is always a tricky issue.

HOW MUCH SHOULD WITCHES AND OTHER PAGAN TEACHERS CHARGE FOR TRAINING?

Here are my musings on the subject - but others might think differently:

Last year, an experienced witch invited me to a one-day workshop they were running. Without looking too closely at the details, I said yes. I then had a double take when they asked me for a cheque for lb120.

I admit I was shocked - most of the pagan workshops I've been to cost around lb20 to lb40 for the day and I had simply assumed this one would be in that sort of price too. I only work part-time, because I care for my elderly, disabled mum, so I don't earn very much money and even lb40 has to be saved for carefully. I couldn't afford to pay lb120 for something non-essential.

But it wasn't just that I couldn't afford it - I also felt it was excessive. I mean, lb120 might be OK for a day of one-on-one tuition, but a workshop would probably have at least half a dozen people - possibly many more - and with them paying lb120 each, that adds up to a fair amount for a day's work. Perhaps I am being unfair. Perhaps there were high running costs involved, but the event was taking place at a private house, not a conference suite in a hotel, so venue hire can't have been a big part of that.

Perhaps posh food was being put on at lunchtime and perhaps there were valuable materials involved. Perhaps the teaching being offered was unique. Perhaps the end-of-day ritual was going to solve all my problems and open up amazing new opportunities for me. As I said, I didn't go, so I can't say.

And, compared with training for professional skills, lb120 a day is cheap. When I wanted to learn to use the DTP software Adobe InDesign,


Origin: http://about-world-religions.blogspot.com