Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

Old News


Old News
I've been away since last weekend and I managed to miss the biggest news week for pagans and witches in a long time.

While I was in Sussex out and about enjoying some glorious autumn weather, celebrating the equinox and not paying much attention to the news, the story broke that American Republican Senate candidate for Delaware, Christine O'Donnell, claimed to have dabbled in witchcraft.

Apparently she said: "One of my first dates with a witch was on a Satanic altar. We went to a movie and then had a little midnight picnic on a satanic altar."

When asked further about this, she had replied: "How many of you didn't hang out with questionable folks in high school?"

The comments, understandably, angered witches, wiccans and pagans. Wiccans and most modern witches are not Satanists, they are nature worshippers and honour the pagan gods and goddesses of the Earth and the heavens. They do not worship Satan, who is the devil in Christian mythology. They also don't like to be called "questionable".

However, this is old news for a far better reason than the fact that I was a few days late writing about it, as Christine O'Donnell's original comment was made about a decade ago.

Nevertheless, this has prompted considerable debate in the press and on the internet and some of the comments made are very interesting. So, just in case you have missed the news like me, here are some links so you can read the reports yourself.

(Oh and if you were wondering how I was blogging while I was away, I'd better confess that I wrote most of them before I went. My main access to the internet for the past few days has been a rather slow connection on my mobile phone.)

Here are some of the reports



Tags: pentagram chalice  beginners magic spell  buddhist concept of time  bush storm clouds on horizon  women creating women contemporary irish women poet  the terrifying murderous cult  voodoo black magick