Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

Dogma


Dogma
I have been thinking a lot lately about dogma. I am not referring to the very funny Kevin Smith movie of the same name, but actual dogma's within us. Wiccans and Pagans, have dogma just like every other religion it would seem. Let me give an example: this one did not happen to me but has stuck out in my mind for years, and I happened to know the people involved.

Many years ago a good friend of mine was meeting with the Priest and Priestess of the local Gard group here in Indy. This friend of mine was fairly new on her path at the time and was told by one of these fine folks that you could not cast a circle without a blade. Now having Trad in me I understand this person's statement.

But at the same time my friend thought (and I agree with her), 'May the Gods help you if you are ever paralyzed from the neck down and unable to left your blade to cast a circle, whatever will you do.' To me this person's statement is very much a dogma about their beliefs.

Now dogma to me is like the big shit monster in the film of the same name.

It is a lot of stuff we carry with us from teaching former teaching, or what ever. Not all dogma is bad I have many dogma's that serve me well. But it is like a shit monster and I do have to deal with it. I ask myself am I ok to hang on to this? What is it serving in me by keeping it? I would encourage everyone to take those old dogma's you have out at take a closer look at them.

See if in fact they are not some big shit monster keeping you from reaching a higher level of understanding about something because you are too afraid to flush it done the loo.

Tags: what is a blood witch  purpose of tribulation  goddess asherah  connecting 6 dot  crowley today  hermetic golden dawn  agittarius astrology sign