Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

Spiritual Constipation And The Solution


Spiritual Constipation And The Solution
I had to share something that I just cannot keep to myself. As a lifelong church going Christian, I have learned much of the many ideas that circle Christianity. There are so many who have theories on what is the way to happiness. We have
I just got back from a trip to Rome, italy for a few days and I saw something that I believe can be a lesson to us. You see as Christians, we can get very busy hunting for the truth. We can get so obsessed with it that we forget what Christianity is all about. In Rome, I ate the same meal pretty much for 5 days. It was pasta, salad, bruschetta, and a pizza. Now I must tell you that I recently learned alot about health and I can tell you that the majority of what I ate was not healthy. White flower in a few different forms just does not do a body good. As I walked around Rome, I noticed that something was VERY STRANGE. I guess I just have to say it "There were no obese people!. I mean yea I saw a few here and there but the masses were thin and looked healthy. I saw what they ate and trust me it was not lifegiving healthy food. So I thought to myself, why does everyone here look so healthy i.e. thin and in shape and even happy.

So here we go with the spiritual tie in. I walked about 25 miles in a few days touring the streets of Rome. Then it hit me. I was not the only one who was walking. The Romans(modern day of course) are an active bunch. They don't sit in their cars for a one hour commute each way to work and they walk all over the place. It made me realize that even though the diet was white flour, gelato, and cigarettes that with exercise they were keeping the weight off. Sure there are
So How do we do this? We do this by uplifting and serving our fellow man. This means that the mechanic needs to be honest and do his best to fix the car that someone brought to him. This means that the business person needs to be honest at work and on time and do their all as this is their duty. These are just a few examples but the point is we need to go the extra mile. We need to go out of our way to help others around us. It is our duty as Christians. We will never make a difference in the world unless we gain the reputation of being loving and kind to anyone around us.

Are Christians known as those who are a huge blessing to the world around or are we at times content with going to hear more truth and filling up with it like it is a gas station or another spiritual meal. If we don't leave our morning devotions or church or prayer meeting after being spiritually fed, then we will get spiritually constipated and spiritually obese.

Just like the human body can eat healthy food and yet someone still be unhealthy overall, so the in the spiritual we need both good spiritual food and good spiritual exercise by working for the uplifting of those around us. This is in the home, work, church etc.

I saw something in Rome that stuck out to me. I saw Basilicas that were so grand that I wonder how anyone can see the unselfishness of Christ in these magnificent buildings. Christ was a servant and He was poor and was not selfish. I guess it seemed as though these elaborate buildings were not Christ like. They seemed as though they represented a spiritually obese church that was not actively serving others. This was seen by the vast amount of homeless elderly women in Rome.

Get active in your physical and spiritual life and you will not be constipated in either. Yea it's true, exercise induces better digestion. So with more exercise in both, we will have more appetite in both to continue to grow.

What do you think, is Chrisianity Obese? Are you spiritually Constipated?


Reference: http://asatru-religion.blogspot.com