Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

Shrine To Hestia March 17Th


Shrine To Hestia March 17Th
I've started an actual daily practice: lighting candles and giving coffee or tea (whatever my morning beverage is) to Hestia (who receives the first offering every day, traditionally, and the last offering every evening - I haven't done that, not sure if I will; spoons, etc). I don't say anything. It's a silent ritual. That may be because I'm currently battling a major depressive episode and I'm finding it very difficult to speak.


I'm keeping Her shrine where I do my morning ritual of drinking ALL THE COFFEE. This is partially because then I'll "remember" to give Her an offering, and partly because space for altars and shrines is at a "premium" in my new place (currently Aphrodite is sharing with my meditation altar) - one, because I am sharing this place with my partner and need to respect his [atheist-sometimes-bordering-on-anti-theist] space; two, because I am now hypercautious about what is in the main living area of the house - only what I am comfortable with other people potentially seeing. Guests, TV/internet/phone people, the "landlords." This means what
The Hestia shrine I have made inconspicuous enough, I hope. I've never actually "had" to be inconspicuous with my religion, so this isnew, to say the least. The other religious or semi-religious things out in the main area of the house are my ancestor altar, which is basically a bunch of pictures of dead people and animals and some of their personal effects, my Tara wall-hanging, my drum, interfaith prayer flags, and my Thangka - all of which can be explained away by my being a free spirited hippie Buddhist who misses zir grandparents and values peace and communication among people of different faiths. Which I am, and I do. I am just also more - and that "more" I don't want to be obvious anymore. I "dared," before I "knew," in my youth. Now I need to learn to be silent.


So.


Hoping to get a post up about March's TC Blog Project topic, Calendars, soon. I might also write about my depression. I don't know yet. I just now seem to be finding my feet back, and it's still shaky ground, shrouded in darkness.


-Morag



Tags: bloodlines of power 11 31  nearer my god thee  united 93  point of view restaurant wellington point  why why the feeling  enneagram type seven in love