Pagan Wiccan

Welcome

Here you can explore information about the Witch, Wiccan and Pagan lifestyles. Learn about Pagan holidays, moon phases, animal guides,candle magic, healing herbs and more, then find the books, jewelry and magical supplies you need. We have no content which would be considered of an offensive nature by those of open mind. If you have concerns in this regard, please review our site prior to allowing your children or teenagers to visit. May The God and Goddess Bless You on Your Journey!

Samhain Poetry Harvest And Harvest Moon


Samhain Poetry Harvest And Harvest Moon By Ruth Calder Murphy
This is a fabulous poem from Ruth Calder Murphy, describing the wonderful transition from summer to autumn. The beautiful painting is 'Transformed' by Ruth Calder Murphy

Harvest


As the days shrink

and the nights invade the space where

they should be,

I will reach back to the heart of Summer


and bring,

cradled to my heart,

a single Solstice Sunbeam.

I will grow it,

nurture it,

feed it with candles

and fragrant oils from tropical flowers,

Yoga-stretch it


and clothe it in colour

until,

in the depths

of Winter's ink-black gaze,

I reach my arms wide,

laugh aloud

and with the power

of equatorial days,

blaze;

my spirit bright,

defy the night

and with Spring in my heart

and Summer in my belly,

remove the season's bushel

and shine my light.

It has grown fat


and blooms happy

and will bear me

all the way to Beltane-

to dandelions

and daisy chains.

Before the days shrink


too far into the night

I will harvest the light.

And another beautiful one on the wonderful harvest moon that shines during October.

Harvest Moon


What will I harvest,

harvest moon

I'll gather Summer


into my barns-

Sunbeams that catch in my lashes-


To be shaken out at Solstice

sprinkling golden memories

like glitter

onto the disbelieving dark

Your perfect face


returns my gaze

and acknowledges my intent.

You who harvest sunshine


every time

you shine

More examples of Ruth's fabulous work may be found here:



Tags: nyc things to do with children  love voodoo spells  hieromartyrs basil ephraim eugene  greek pronounciation aletheia  chup-kamui  iran opposition group